Purpose of Job:
The main job content of this position include product structure design, project management in design phase, ECN and engineering data maintenance.
Job Scope & Major Responsibilities:
1. Independently develop and manage product structure design based on ID files and design specification within time frame. Propose and implement ideas and/or changes to achieve best quality product that meets requirements set in product charter.
2. Create parametric solid models of components and assemblies by utilizing Solidworks and Pro-Engineering software. Create engineering drawings and BOMs for prototype and production.
3. Review design concepts and prototype / sample test result cross team to work out solutions.
4. Take lead on 3D model, 2D drawing and prototype review, and improve design.
5. Support Engineering team on project execution including EP / PP / PSA sample review.
6. Initiate and follow up Engineering Change Notifications, assist engineering data management.
7. All other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of science in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering.
2. Experience (Minimum Relevant Experience/Minimum Supervisory Experience)
- 5+ years of work experience in R&D team at factory, consumer product development preferred.
- 2+ years experience using Solidworks or Pro-Engineering WF.
3. Professional Qualifications, Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge on molded plastic parts, sheet metal parts, die casting parts etc., both component design and tooling.
- Good knowledge and experience of product development process.
- Good project management and time management skills.
4. Written / Oral Language skills:
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Self motivated and able to work in a team under high pressure.
- Foreign-owned / JV company background preferred.
6. Others (eg. Travel Required: %)
- Estimate 10% travel