GHP Group Inc. is a leading company for developing and distributing heaters, fireplaces, water dispensers, water filtration systems and home organization products in the North American market. For more information, visit us at *******************.
We are searching for a Product Development Coordinator to join our growing team. This opportunity is tailored for individuals who have multidisciplinary product development experience in the areas of Home Organization manufacturing, including items such as stainless steel and powder coated products like laundry racks, shoe racks, laundry sorters and coordinating textile materials.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Directly report to Product Managers in US and Canada.
· Control the projects by ensuring the projects are implemented on schedule within spec and scope.
· Report and monitor project progress and problems, risks and solutions.
· Conference meeting with product managers and suppliers.
· Interpret GHP product and project requirements to the suppliers.
· Evaluate and sign off the samples.
· Source and assess potential suppliers.
· Coordinate with 3rd party auditors as needed, such as SGS or Intertek China offices.
· Liaison with customers’ China offices for customer factory audit, products test and customer complaints.
· Review and approve the pilot run with GHP Quality Engineers.
· Prepare pre-shipment inspection template.
· Visit the supplier’s factory and verify their system and production consistency.
· Coordinate travel itinerary and bookings for Product Mangers when travelling to China.
· Accompany Product Managers when travelling within China to act as guide and interpreter at factory/supplier meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum 3 years of working experience as a project manager or product development manager, ideally in the Home Organization manufacturing industry.
· University or College degree, graduated in the area of Product/Project Management.
· Strong English speaking and writing skill - able to communicate directly with Product Development Team in US and Canada.
· Self-motivated and work independently.
· Able and willing to travel frequently.