- Actively drive him/herself and the sales team to prospect and acquire new market and customer opportunities. Identify new prospects and/or projects, startup communication lines, generate new RFQ’s, introduce and execute the quotation process and secure new projects up to and including Long Term contract setups.
- Play the active ambassador role of the Allocated Customers within the own VCST organization to increase and strengthen the customer orientation of the organization as a whole.
- Provide consultancy and subject matter expertise to the sales & marketing team
- Actively pursue market intelligence and benchmarking of competition, related market applications and product portfolios, related to VCST’s strengths and weaknesses as a preparation and input for VCST’s business planning cycles and identify actions for VCST China to improve on weaknesses.
- Meeting with key clients, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships
- Review China agreements and contracts, when necessary support negotiations to reach mutually satisfactory deals.
- Manage the satisfaction and perception of customers on VCST
- Set up and implement a resources and competencies plan for China sales & marketing. Manage and grow the performance, capabilities and competencies of the sales team, identify and address gaps and needs, in coordination with the Director Global S&M
- Represent VCST China in appropriate automotive associations, councils and fairs and towards external stakeholders in order to create a market intelligence basis at VCST, to build VCST China brand image as value player and to expand strategic business relations
Bachelor Degree and above, major in Engineering or equivalent, post-graduate commercial /economic education recommendable.
Min 10 years of relevant experience in automotive industry in a technical/commercial environment.
Specific knowledge and skills特定知识:
Selling, negotiation and financial techniques
Excellence in Customer orientation
Sales team management, goal setting, coaching, motivating
Good understanding of China macroeconomics, trends and automotive industry forces
Affinity with technical products and manufacturing
IT as end user.
Open, extrovert, empathic, creative, able to act independently, team player
High internal drive to succeed, finisher, able to act at different hierarchical levels.
Integrity, energetic, good presentation
Willing to travel frequently within China and occasionally also globally.
Basic knowledge of IATF16949 and automotive requirements Knowledge Customer (Specific)
Mandarin, International languages: good verbal and written in English
- strong personality, able to convey vision and ideas to convince and motivate people
- leads by example, takes initiative and drives towards results
- team player, able to lead S&M team and coordinate with China management team, by considering individual and team dynamics in order to drive the colleagues towards the common goals
- proficient in communication and presentation