The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
About the assignment
Supply Planner will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Secure operational capacities by ensuring high quality of capacity data from suppliers and by working continuously towards exceptions together with Need Planner and Supplier in a proactive manner.
- Contribute to tactical capacity planning based on supplier performance on agreed capacity
- Update and secure correct business set-up information in all relevant systems. Furthermore work with systems and reports, to proactively detect and act on possible deviations from goal.
- Prepare suppliers for best replenishment and delivery solutions by continuously maintaining & developing supplier delivery performance and sender lead-times.
- Contribute to identifying best logistical offer, furthermore implement, maintain and review by having customer and total cost in mind.
- Actively contribute in the planning and execution of the best set-up for range changes at supplier, constraints periods and activities.
- Continuously follow-up, analyse and take action to improve supplier delivery performance and ensure goods are shipped in time from suppliers.
- Secure correct availability information from supplier to IKEA Retail in such quality that it can be for the benefit of customers.
- Develop and maintain suppliers’ logistic competence towards becoming responsible on their own performance through: working closely with suppliers, running Supplier Development Projects and providing them relevant trainings & working methods.
- Contribute to supplier development by taking a lead from logistic perspective and engage relevant competence in IKEA and at Supplier to assess supplier logistics capability and running supplier development projects.
- Capability to translate the Category Plan into logistics solutions and always keep Total IKEA and Total Cost Development in mind
- Capability to transfer knowledge and working methods to IKEA suppliers
-Capability to perform complex analysis, and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations
-Knowledge of supplier capabilities, material, production flow, capacity planning
- Take the leadership to ensure supplier has goods ready in time and in full in order to fulfil customers’ need at lowest possible landed cost
-Knowledge of supply chain cost drivers from raw material to customer and logistic tools such as: different replenishment methods, delivery solutions and working with lead times.-Knowledge of administration and reporting systems (e.g. JDA Fulfilment, SCM, GPS, Qlick View etc.).