Purpose of the role
Research and development of aluminum alloy plate products based on the existed alloys or for new alloys.
1. Implement the safety first principle, follow HSE rules and safety operation procedures, timely report the accident and near miss events, participate in HSE training. Be responsible for the security of oneself and colleagues.
2. Responsible for research and development of new aluminum plate products based on customer' requirements, create Standard Work Procedures for the new products regarding process parameter and definitions.
3. Responsible for trial production or qualification of aircraft or commercial plates, following productions, arranging testing and reporting, analysis and solving problems in case of quality issues.
4. Responsible for quality and process improvement of the existed plates where necessary.
5. Responsible for supervision of junior R&D engineers.
6. Other duties assigned by the manager.
1. Master or higher degree in metallurgy, material science or comparable
2. Several years of experience in a similar position in the Aluminum industry, preferably in the production of rolled Aluminum products
3. Very good understanding of material properties and their relations to material composition, microstructure and process parameters
4. Sound knowledge of relevant material specifications such as ASTM, AMS, GB and others
5. Knowledge of industrial standards regarding quality management such as ISO 9000 series
6. Good analysis skills, problem solving and decision making skills, able to work independently.
7. Due to the international customer portfolio, sound English (at least communicative level) is highly appreciated