The role is to provide first-line and second-line IT Support to staff and students reported via email, phone, walk-in and self-service system, to collaborate with team to provide consultation and support in the utilization of Computer systems involving desktop and server based, electronic resources and associated facilities, to provide information skills training to staff and students of the University.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Working experience in customer service industry;
- Fast learning ability, and the broad interest in IT;
- Excellent time management and the ability to work effectively with good quality;
- Fluency in Mandarin and English (Listening, spoken and written) ;
- Communication skill targeted at different kinds of users and excellent interpersonal skills ;
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to deal effectively with complexity and the unexpected;
- Excellent teamwork spirits and the ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team;
- Ownership attitude towards work, and willingness to work flexibly and to provide some out of hours’ support;
- Good customer service sense with a positive approach to customer care;
- A broad knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure and the interrelationship of the constituent parts;
- Good understanding of IT facilities, operating systems and applications including maintenance and repair procedures;
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, email and internet applications.
- Working experience in education organization;
- Proven experience in IT Support and IT Service management;
- Certified with ITIL;
- Good organisational skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st line and 2nd line IT support for staff and students within the UNNC;
- Deal with IT related inquiries, incidents and service requests to IT Service Desk via telephone, email, walk-in and self-service system, and ensure all calls are logged and tracked in ticket system;
- Be responsible for the day to day delivery of specific services including front-line support for use of all ITS computing facilities, include shift work;
- Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when required) to the appropriate resolver groups. Adhere to the resolver group escalation process by collecting the required information and make sure it is updated on the ticket properly before the ticket is escalated;
- Maintain ownership on incidents and ensure that they are resolved within the SLA timeframe;
- Test fixes to ensure incidents have been adequately resolved;
- Deliver the best customer experience by adhering to IT incident management policies and procedures;
- Keep the satisfaction survey to be a high and steady level;
- Highlight any discrepancies or improvements that might be made to existing services or documentation. Suggest new / changes to services in response to customer feedback;
- Manage and maintain IT hardware and software inventory, includes suggested purchasing and disposition of IT assets;
- Assist L2 or L3 on escalations and provide ideas for process improvement;
- Some out of hours on-call support will be required;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as appropriate to the role.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.