- Initiate and research product idea.
- Complete product cycle from design to manufacturing.
- Source, qualify and establish suppliers for components and product needs.
- Follow up development progress per schedule.
- Troubleshoot and settle issues in product and production.
- Communicate with US engineering teams on projects.
- Perform other duty assignment by the management.
- Travel sometimes.
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 3+ years working experience in product / mold design.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Good knowledge in plastic and metal structure design for consumer products.
- Good knowledge in plastic injection molds, stamping and assembly fixtures, and manufacturing processes.
- Experienced in motion structures and gear system.
- Good skill in communication.
- Good command in English, including reading, writing and speaking.
- Strong sense of responsibility and team work.
Innovation First International (Shenzhen) Limited
Innovation First International was founded on the belief that innovation very early in the design process is necessary to produce simple and elegant product designs. The company began developing electronics for unmanned mobile ground robots and is now an industry leader in research and development for the IT, hobby, competition, education and toy markets.
Innovation First International's three main subsidiaries, VEX Robotics, Inc., Innovation First Labs, Inc. (makers of HEXBUG Micro Robotic Creatures), and RackSolutions, Inc. span the education, consumer and business-to-business markets. The VEX Robotics Design System is the leading platform for elementary school, middle school and high school education and competitive robotics. Leveraging the company's core competency in electrical and mechanical engineering, the RackSolutions division works closely with all major computer OEMs to provide custom mounting solutions and industry-wide rack compatibility for data installations of all sizes.
The company has subsidiaries in Shenzhen, Dongguan, Wuhan and Hong Kong of China, Manchester of the United Kingdom, Toronto of Canada, Luxembourg, Australia and UAE. With an advanced in-house metal fabrication plant, distribution center and corporate office located together in Greenville, Texas, USA, the company is poised to continue on a rapid growth path. Please visit website for additional information.