- Live in, or travel to finished good factories and subcontractors to review production status, inspect products and components, and ensure that Whalen quality levels are being met.
- Work with factories on production quality while still ensuring on-time shipment of qualified products only.
- Monitor the packing line to ensure that all the proper components, parts, hardware, labels and stickers are placed within or onto the master carton following the Final Packaging Checklist (FPC).
- Verify with Factories that component and material Purchase Orders have been placed on-time with subcontractors.
- Very with Factories for the on-time delivery of components to the Finished Good Factory, including packaging and shipping supplies.
- Complete inspection of incoming materials to ensure that they are in compliance with Whalen standards.
- Complete QA Daily Reports for QA Management daily, capturing component and finished good parts compared to color panels, assembly issues related to the finished goods, testing performed on the products, and identification and corrective action identification for any non-confirming parts.
- Complete Final Pre-Check Reports (FI) validating Purchase Orders before shipment and ensuring that the product is of sufficient quality to ship. Complete Container Loading Reports (CLR) showing product that is shipping, loading of the container, and verification of quantities of products loaded and seals used on the containers.
- Perform weekly testing of products as required by the Quality Engineering Department in China.
- 2+ years of experience working in a factory or working with factories in a quality management role.
- 2+ years of experience in furniture production, especially focused on product quality.
- Must have the ability to travel and to work in factories for extended periods of time.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure and with constant deadlines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Education & Abilities Language Skills
The Assistant Production Controller must have the ability to read and interpret technical documents, corrective action plans, and other such documentation in their local language. The Assistant Production Controller must possess the ability to read and write in their assigned country language and it would be beneficial if they can read, write, and speak conversational English, including technical terminology related to quality.
The Assistant Production Controller must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, complete root cause analysis, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The Assistant Production Controller must possess the ability to interpret quality defect issues and determine the appropriate course of action a factory must take to address any issues.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations