Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Design microelectronics packaging, components and assemblies for MEMS surface mount microphones.
2) Work directly with key customers to develop design concepts, review options, and resolve technical issues.
3) Act as packaging design engineer over the entire life cycle of new product development from prototype design to full mass production launch.
4) Produce fabrication prints and manufacturing documentation for new products.
5) Handle requisitions, quotes and placement of purchase orders for R&D prototypes
6) Coordinate cross functional design reviews.
7) Work with manufacturing engineers and suppliers for design development and fabrication.
8) Work with process engineers in developing platform design rules.
9) Work with quality engineers in to ensure designs meet all quality and reliability requirements.
10) Acquire and apply new knowledge as required by dynamic product development environment.
11) Search for and evaluate new suppliers and the viability of new packaging technologies.
1) BS degree in Mechanical or Materials Science Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
2) Minimum 2 years of related experience in microelectronics packaging design, development and fabrication.
3) Experience working as a direct technical interface to customers to develop design concepts and resolve issues.
4) Strong background in design for assembly and design for low cost manufacturing.
5) Familiarity with applicable electronics packaging industry standards such as IPC and JEDEC.
6) Strong understanding of mechanical engineering design principals and the ability to apply them to innovate and solve complex problems.
7) Experience in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD or equivalent. Experience with PADS layout tool will be considered as a plus
8) Experience with PCB/IC substrate materials and fabrication processes.
9) Basic knowledge of semiconductor materials and fabrication processes.
10) Experience with package design for RF components, both passive and active.
11) Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tolerance stack-up principles and understanding of real-world fabrication processes.
12) Knowledge of acoustics is a plus.
13) Ability to multi-task within a fast paced , dynamic environment
14) Team player, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal guidance
15) Software skills including MSOffice, Excel and statistical analysis are required.
16) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
17) Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times per year as required.