More than the opportunity of a lifetime...... the opportunity to improve lives.
For more than 30 years, Boston Scientific has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. The Company＇s products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients＇ quality of life by providing alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway, Ireland have been at the forefront of some of these truly innovative medical device designs and manufacturing.
Some facts about us:
- One of the world＇s largest medical device companies dedicated to less-invasive medicine
- Offering breakthrough medical innovations for more than 30 years
- More than 25,000 employees
- 13 manufacturing facilities worldwide
- Portfolio of more than 13,000 products
- Investment of $1 Billion in Research and Development annually with over 150 R&D products in the pipeline15,717 patents issued worldwide (cant verify this fact)
- Clinical Science group has approximately 75 active or planned clinical studies
Boston Scientific Foundation has awarded more than 85 community grants and 100 medical fellowships in 2010 We have created a five-year strategic plan, POWER, designed to successfully address the future global healthcare landscape and increase profitable growth. A key focus area of the strategy is to win global market share, particularly in the Emerging Markets.We have announced a five-year, $150 million investment in China designed to reinforce our commitment to one of the world’s largest and fastest growing medical device markets. This investment will enable us to establish a local manufacturing facility in China and develop a world-class training centre for Chinese healthcare providers. In addition, , we are expanding our sales force, and growing our R&D and clinical capabilities to better bring our life-saving products to customers and their patients.
Due to our start up initiative in China, we are seeking for top talents who are fluent Mandarin & English speakers to join us. A 3-6 month training program in Galway, Irelend would be offered to some positions in 2012.