- Identification and improvement of key risks and controls – impacting financial reporting and regulatory compliance
- Create end to end process flow charts for SOX in scope processes and conduct of control walkthroughs for SOX and IA projects in accordance with PCAOB guidance
- Execution of SOX control testing in accordance with PCAOB guidance
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops, document summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Participating in various, often cross-functional and cross-border, projects together with the Internal Audit Lead for Asia Pacific
- Reviewing Tesla’s policies, processes and procedures whether they are robust enough and comply with any applicable laws and regulations
- Carrying out a gap analysis identifying areas where Tesla’s policies, processes and procedures do not reflect best practice / key areas of the applicable law.
- Liaising with the Internal Audit Lead for Asia Pacific, based in Beijing, the Senior Manager of Internal Audit, based in California, as well as other members of the global Internal Audit department, and other key stakeholders (primarily regional heads of departments) across Asia.
- With time performing projects under minimal supervision
- The role will be based in Beijing, China, with occasional trips to other offices of Tesla (mostly to the APAC)
The position demands strong interpersonal skills to be able to build solid and positive relationship with key stakeholders within Tesla.
- Studying towards an accounting/finance/business Master degree, preferably in the final year of studies
- Ability to work normal office hours (with flexibility allowed for studies)
- Work experience in audit, internal controls, accounting or finance
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Good skill in office software (Power Point, Excel)
- Goal-oriented, can-do attitude
- Good academic results
- Good project- and time management skills, ability to multitask and coordinate work with a number of people including department heads and other senior members of staff
- Fluent English both in writing and spoken
- Exposure to an international/multicultural environment is advantageous (studying/working/volunteering abroad; living in an international environment; working/volunteering at an international company/organization)