eg+ is part of an international communications production network. The network is part of the Omnicom Group (TBWA) and has offices in 205 cities, worldwide (http://tbwa.com/ and www.omnicomgroup.com).
This is an opportunity to join eg+ and assist in managing a premium client’s business. The chosen candidate would be located in the client’s marketing offices (Tokyo) working on projects from the local market as well as coordinating with the Regional account team. The role requires the maintenance and development of the business with help from the eg+ Dalian management team, and would provide a genuinely exciting opportunity for an experienced, client facing, individual or a person looking to step to the next level in their career. The role offers the potential to work in an international environment (fortune 500 company) and reports directly to the Operations Manager in Dalian. A high level of English capability would be necessary.
The Client support Structure:
eg+ Worldwide will service the client from multiple offices in APAC (Sydney Australia, Dalian China, Bankok Thailand, Mumbai India, Singapore). The Dalian office is responsible for the production for packaging artwork assets for Japan, Korea, Greater China. This production is organised by electronic job booking, Agency communication and Client communication.
Client communication responsibilities:
Sydney – Australia, New Zealand (Others) Dalian – Japan, Korea, Greater China
Thailand – South East Asia
Mumbai – India
Description of skills & background:
The successful candidate will match the following selection criteria:
- Applicant must have over 2 years experience working in a fast paced international environment or with an international client
- Applicant should have a background reflecting progression from a “hands on” producer into a manager of people, they would preferably have worked as a Project Manager, Account Manager or Head of Studio in a packaging design function.
- Applicant should have experience instituting and following production processes – with a particular focus on quality assurance and timely delivery.
- Applicant must have experience communicating with clients.
- Experience in Translation a plus
- Experience in Billing and administrative project tasks a plus.
- Experience pitching and developing new business a plus.
- Very good written and spoken English language skills are a minimum requirement.
- Ability to speak and/or read Chinese would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Experience working and managing team with a proven delivery history.
- A passion for communication / language and good design.
The following describes the required actions and responsibilities of the role:
- Candidate will be responsible for assisting the Management Team to manage the delivery of assets for the Client account.
- Candidate will help manage and supervise third party vendors quality, process and delivery
- Candidate will help mentor team members
- Candidate will be responsible for owning the day to day relationship between the client / partners / eg+ Dalian – they will also own the weekly Work in Progress Meeting and other KPI reporting tasks.
- Candidate will work closely with other regional business leads (weekly international call)
- Candidate will take a lead role in Brand understanding and the communication of this to the wider team
- Role requires a candidate to ensure high quality and timely delivery of projects.
- Limited amounts of travel may be required inside and outside of Japan.
- The candidate should be able to think strategically about the structure and processes of a studio – how to form internal teams, how to develop talent and adapt the business to follow new opportunities and the demands of the market.
- Own the client relationship and be the communication bridge to the wider eg+ organization.
- Develop client relationship and grow the account.
- Manage projects, to be executed by the Dalian delivery center.
- Participate in project negotiations and understand client requirements.
- Collect project data and materials to brief Dalian production team.
- Identify and manage client issues.
- Ensure delivery deadlines and client quality expectation are met.
- Report periodic project KPI’s to client.
- Implement and promote eg+ workflow and tools.
- Ensure Quality of service and product.
- Manage Billing with the client, resolve issues and chase payment (targets will be provided).
- Key contributor to the service definition and business development for the Global account.
- University graduate.
- Experience in Packaging/Marketing/Communication/Publishing or related fields.
- At least 3 years working experience in a related field (preferably with International or large clients).
- Good presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good task management and co-ordination skills (organizational skills important).
- Able to work under high pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent Japanese and good English skills.
- Good Mandarin skills a plus
8. Excellent people and networking skills, outgoing and confident.