Amazon Product Imaging builds the world's best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
We are looking for a Digital Imaging Technician for our CN SHA2 photo studio.
Within our studio, which produces hundreds of images per day, your responsibility will be the overseeing and optimization of our imaging workflow. This entails the flow of still images and also video files. In collaboration with our photographers, air director, imaging associate, prepper team, internal marketing team, DIS team and external Amazon sellers you will ensure an error free workflow. Successful candidates will be self-starters, strong communicators, very detail-oriented, and have a passion for photography and retouching. Problem solving is in the core of this position.
Experience and Attributes:
· Cataloging, naming, cropping, color managing, and, when necessary, doing creative and professional retouching of a high volume of image assets under tight deadlines
· Ensuring visual consistency of image assets from set to set, and day to day
· Helping to design and build the virtual-studio capture station network and long-term storage architecture, and then running it on a daily basis
· Utilizing appropriate digital asset management techniques to track items between photography bays, remote staff, and DIS retouchers
· Coordinating with photographers and creative department to identify existing process bottlenecks and highest priority improvement points
· Coordinating improvement with DIS retouching teams
· Staying current with updates to imaging technology
· A background in media communication, post production or photography is mandatory
· Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively, with constant attention to process improvement
· Striving for a superb customer experience and attention to detail
· Ability to work independent of others
· Ability to multi-task in and adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and business approach
· 2+ years of digital studio photography, post production or media asset management.
· Excellent written and oral communication in English
· Proficient in MS Office programs
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Capture One Pro
· Proficient on both the Macintosh (OSX) and PC computing platforms
· Scripting capability
· Experience with bridge, lightroom, FTP Clients
· Understanding of color management policies and best practice
· Unix, VBA and SQL skills are plus