- Co-ordinate with Operation Planning & Manufacturing on the test priorities
- Perform tests to check quality of components and products as part of the plant operation.
- Perform tests as required by technical service and Operation requests.
- Keep up to date knowledge on the test methods and calibration procedures to assure accuracy of results.
- Take an active role in the Lab and work towards achieving the Lab’s annual goals.
- Able generate lab QC, lab SMC, plant QC and customer SPC charts in LIMS and correlates the test data’s in comply with operational changes
- Enter test data in LIMS and SAP, ensure that the data they are verified.
- Systemic approve components in storage tanks for plant use
- Raise LIMS/SAP Tickets and work with the GSG (Global Solution Group) to resolve issues on StarLIMS/SAP issues
- Take part in the CMP commissioning and start-up, including the procedure and testing plan.
- Perform SPC analysis of test results to determine root cause and develop improvement ideas.
- Develop ideas to reduce number of tests and to improve the lab’s operation.
- Practice High Performance Organization concepts at work.
- Practice the best housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Maintain and trouble shoot analytical equipment
- Diagnose the bad analytical test outputs and trouble shoot analytical equipment to rectify the problem(s).
- Provide fixing solution to off-test plant blends during after-office hours and weekend days.
- Involve in the trouble shooting of process plants by analyzing non-routine samples.
- Train new laboratory Technicians on new test methods and calibration procedures & non-routine test methods.
- Manage the chemical inventory in the laboratory in accordance with government and company safety requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 2 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility.
- Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, FTIR, CHN Analyzers, Auto-titrators, Foaming tests, Viscometer, etc.
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods
- Able to work in a cross-functional environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Mandarin
By submitting an application/uploading your resume or CV, you acknowledge and agree that you are providing personal information about you to Chevron, it subsidiaries and affiliates, to consider whether you are an appropriate candidate for a position and that such information may be shared with Chevron affiliates, subsidiaries, or vendors and may be transferred to locations outside the country of collection.
All information supplied will be treated as strictly confidential for the purpose of selection and recruitment. Only short-listed candidates will be notified, for candidates not selected, we would like to thank you in advance for your interest in a Chevron career.