Primary Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
· Leadership on program :
1. Ensure program progress is completed within time , budget constraints and appropriate quality
2. Manage the plant and suppliers during the program launch, via open issues process
3. Reporting to program management on program status via gate review process and weekly/monthly reviews
4. Understand the business process and links as these relate to the OEM Program management cycle
5. Enhance collaborative working environment with all suppliers / internal teams
6. Eliminate / reduce warranty issues to support fiscal and product quality targets (internally and within supply chain)
· Financial management :
1. Manage materials costs via buy price, optimizing supply chain and design management
2. Manage plant costs via DFA, lean techniques and cost analysis
3. Manage commercial implications of customer design change requests
4. Support new business quote
5. Provide accurate and transparent data to input into monthly reporting
· People management
1. Define sub tasks and prioritise project workload requirements
2. Manage team performance on day-to-day basis and track progress against set objectives
3. Ensure strong communication of objectives, progress, initiatives and potential issues among team members
· Design/application management
1. Support the utilization of best in class design methodologies
2. Bridge the gap between product design and manufacturing to manage program launch using the gate review process
3. Identify shortfalls in the design process and make improvement recommendations
4. Initiate design reviews, e.g., DFMEA, benchmarking, ensure lessons learned, fresh eyes review
· Responsible to identify , measure ,report and monitor risks in his program, and also to support implement action plant to manage risk.
· Maintain safety and environmental standards by ensuring certification of OHSAS18001 and ISO 14001
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive)
· 3+ yrs program experience (1+ years each in two of the following: product, quality, design or process engineering)
· Evidence on capability to manage large scale projects to time and on budget.
· Relevant product engineering knowledge
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
· Quality system knowledge (ISO9001, QS, TS16949)
· Capability on using APQP, PPAP , FMEA, Control plan .
· Familiar with at least one of OEM product development procedure (GM, VW, Ford)
· Ability to use finance tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Successfully adjusts to and works effectively with changing situations, and a variety of individuals or groups;
· Fluent English communication in all occasion.
· Able to travel frequently.
· Presentation skill.