he H&M Production Organization transforms design ideas into real-life products. By remaining at the forefront of sustainability, we ensure that we produce safe products for our customers.
As a Merchandiser Intern, your focus will be to support Merchandisers & R&D in ensuring their main responsibilities, methods and routines are followed and executed in the best way.
What will you do?
To keep your work fun and interesting, you will be performing a range of different activities which include:
- Support Merchandiser from the time an order is received from the quotation team until the order has been shipped
- Follow up the order by using the Order Follow up System, using deadlines as a help to keep track of order status
- Follow up on all relevant samples and ensure that samples are ordered through the order Follow up system
- Cooperate with the other teams such as Quotation team, Researcher and Developer (R&D), Technicians and Quality Assurance team
- Understand supplier capability in terms of price, quality, capacity and lead time
Who will you work with?
In this role you will join a dynamic and energetic team based in Shanghai. Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser, you will interact regularly with Quotation, Materials, Technician, with our external suppliers, our Global Purchasing Office as well as your peers within Supply Chain both locally and across the Globe.
Who are you?
At H&M, we value your personal qualities as much as your professional skills. We really want you to join our team if:
- You are an open minded person with a passion for people
- You are someone who can thrive in a feedback culture, able to speak your mind
- You are going to graduate in 2020, better major in textile or fashion apparel
- You can work at least 3 days a week
- You are comfortable expressing yourself in English as this is our business language, the language in which meetings are held and emails are written.
What’s in it for you?
One of our H&M values is that “we believe in people”, and as such we will invest in your professional growth in many different ways. Our compensation package for this position is competitive with market standards but what really stands out are our benefits and the open work environment that you will find. Join us and you’ll be entitled to:
- Healthy working environment, including daily fresh fruits and coffee, hot chocolates and tea
- Plenty of free internal training resources to help you grow and gain knowledge
- A special mentor to guide you adapt to H&M unique culture
- Exposure to get yourself connected globally
If what you have read so far sounds like fun and a great place to work, then please send your CV straight away. If your CV is among those selected, you will be invited for an initial telephone screening, followed by a couple of interviews in our offices.