Communications & CSR intern assists the communications function with delivering various forms of communications and CSR initiatives to GM employees in China. GM China Communications & CSR intern has the unique opportunity to work with various functions such as Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Facility, Public Policy & Government Relations, etc.
· Supporting the execution of the communications & CSR short and long strategy. Partnering with internal customers to facilitate impactful communication.
· Ensuring that all materials meet established company communication standards and obtain appropriate approvals within specified deadlines.
· Working closely with stakeholders to ensure timely, accurate, cost-effective completion of projects.
· Collecting and preparing stories for the company newsletter and targeted emails.
· Being responsible for logistics details such us creating and distributing print pieces including name tags, signage, etc.
· Supporting the development and/or maintenance of internal websites.
· Supporting the administrative needs of the department, such as finance and payment tracking
· Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Communications & CSR Intern successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Must have excellent English verbal and written communications skills. All communications will be done in English at GM China.
· Must be an actively enrolled student as a college Senior or Graduate student. Majors in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations are preferred but not required.
· Must be able to work at least 3 days a week; 4-5 days a week preferred.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and comfort with adapting to new technology.
· Highly motivated, details oriented, with a “can do” attitude.