The role is responsible for advancing the Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibility function in Asia, consistent with TE Connectivity’s Global Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibility (“GGACR”) strategies.
The role aims to provide TE internal customers with insights and tools to support the business strategies in achieving the Company’s growth objectives in the region. The role shall support Government Affairs Manager APAC to promote One TE and maintain the strategic alignments with all regional business heads.
1. Policy advocacy:
1) Monitor and translate central and local policy initiatives into business impacts to enable internal customers to form educated decisions
2) Assist in implementing result-oriented policy advocacy plans to win key policy issues that have material impacts on business growth
2. Corporate responsibility:
1) Drive strategic CR programs to create shared value for the Company and internal customers
2) Promote STEM education in the region to strengthen community relations, improve employer branding, and establish talent pipelines
3) Drive sustainability culture in the Company to deliver the TE purposes
3. Stakeholder engagement:
1) Maintain and develop healthy and ethical working relations with national and local governments, third-parties, and non-governmental organizations to enable market access, ensure operation continuity, accumulate reputational equity, and enhance community engagement
2) Establish thought leadership in mitigating geopolitical challenges, responsible corporate citizen, innovation, and business continuity
3) Identify and execute opportunities to place TE executives at events of strategic importance
1) Degrees in public policy, public administration, and international politics are preferred
1) Unquestioned integrity and a demonstrable ethical standard
2) Strong communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills in a bilingual and culturally diverse environment
3) Proven abilities to work within a team and as an individual contributor
4) Proven abilities to build stakeholder trust and relations in a timely manner
 China is TE’s primary country focus in Asia. Other major countries of focus include Singapore, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand, and Thailand.