JOB TITLE: Publishing Assistant
Area: Open Research Group, Springer Nature
Reports to: Senior Journal Development Editor
The Publishing Assistant role is a wide-ranging role within the China Open Research Publishing team. Main duties of the position include providing general administrative support to the Senior Publisher and Journal Development Managers; assisting the Journal Development team with content tracking and follow-up; researching and communicating with partners; and assisting with Journal Acquisitions activities. The Publishing Assistant will work across the publisher brands, responding to queries, providing reports, conducting analyses and maintaining internal systems and processes as requested.
- Organizing internal and external meetings.
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes.
- Preparing and distributing standard and ad hoc reports.
- Providing covers to the team when needed.
- Approving freelancer invoices.
- Completing payment request forms.
- Investigating and where possible handling manuscript issues/changes raised during the peer review or production stages.
- Reporting and tracking technical problems with the technical support teams.
- Updating editorial content on journal websites.
- Assisting with content preparation for Journal newsletters.
- Compiling journal stats report.
- Maintaining centralized documentation.
- Supporting journal set up and closure tasks.
- Monitoring contract and finance status.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALITIES & SKILLS
Educated to degree level
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Strong time management skills
- A high level of computer literacy – understands common software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite) and gains new software skills quickly
- Able to see tasks through to completion, working to (often competing) deadlines
- Analytical skills
- A quick learner
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to respond to non-routine circumstances
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT SPRINGER NATURE
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Springer Nature is one of the world’s largest academic book publishers, publisher of the world’s high est impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merging of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
SPRINGER NATURE IN CHINA
Springer Nature has offices in Shanghai and Beijing, housing over 200 staff members from Nature Publishing Group, Springer,Macmillan Education, Palgrave Macmillan and BioMed Central. They are servicing Chinese academic researchers, students, teachers,institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more.
施普林格 ● 自然集团
施普林格 ● 自然集团（Springer Nature）是一家全球领先的从事科研、教育和专业出版的机构。集团旗下汇聚了一系列备受尊敬和信赖的品牌，以各种创新的产品和服务，为客户提供优质的内容。施普林格 ● 自然集团是世界上最大的学术书籍出版公司之一，此外还出版全球极具影响力的期刊，在开放研究领域也是先行者。集团在全球约有1.3万名员工，遍及50多个国家，年营业额约15亿欧元。施普林格 ● 自然在2015年由自然出版集团、帕尔格雷夫 ● 麦克米伦、麦克米伦教育、施普林格科学与商业媒体合并而成。
施普林格 ● 自然集团在中国
施普林格 ● 自然集团在上海和北京设有办公室，员工200多人，分属旗下不同的品牌，如自然出版集团、施普林格、麦克米伦教育、帕尔格雷夫 ● 麦克米伦、BioMed Central等。他们致力于服务中国的科研人员、学生、教师、机构、专业人士和广大公众，帮助他们探索新知。