Proposal Engineer supports all Customer Support and Maintenance (CSM) opportunities to deliver proposals with standard templates and costing tools and in accordance with the Project Approval and Review Board (PARB) process. The position will work closely with business leaders, solution architects, sales and engineering / technical support / consulting teams to scope and price proposals for field service offerings (upgrades/migrations/etc.), remote support offerings, consulting services and remanufacture services including periodic contracts which will include all or a number of the above offerings (e.g. Modernization Service Agreements).
Receives requests from business leaders, solution architects, account managers, distribution or sales to produce a proposal and then independently or working with the local engineering team / tech support team determines the scope of the services. Uses the determined scope, standard proposal templates and standard costing tools to produce the proposal.
Where required and for larger proposals, works with the Asia Pacific proposal team for them to produce the proposal and reviews / confirms the proposal will meet the needs of the specific engagement.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
What Will Success Looks Like
Provides accurate and professional proposals within reasonable timeframes in the circumstances.
Proposals are scoped to ensure they meet margin requirements as specified as part of the approval process.
Ensures all proposals are compliant with the PARB process.
Supports the business growth objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. To implement standardization efforts by deploying standard tools and processes
2. Own and deliver proposals using standard templates and standard costing using Proposal tools
3. Manages the proposal / costing of all CSM opportunities which includes Field Service offerings (including migration / upgrade projects, Modernization Service Agreements) Remanufacture Service offerings (including Assurance Contracts, Part Management Agreements & Rockwell Automation Asset Management Professional Contracts), Remote Support offerings (including product and application support contracts) and support for Consulting Contracts (including Network and Safety Services)
4. To be the conduit between Field Service Engineers (FSE) and Asia Pacific proposal team for major proposals
5. To work with FSEs, consultants, procurement and AP proposal team for cost estimation
6. Responsible for the PARB process within the country
7. Supports FSEs / Sales to articulate the value proposition in relation to the service offering.
8. Coordinate with GEC proposal process. For standard proposals for their regions, confirm turnaround times, solutions and costing.
9. Coordinate with the C&N team, Finance team and the Credit management Team
Education / Experience Requirements
1. 5+ years’ experience as a proposal engineer or other project / application engineering focused position.
2. Very good knowledge in Automation products including PLC, Standard Drive, Software, Networks, and ideally good knowledge of third party products
3. Good Industry Knowledge, Application Knowledge.
4. Tact, excellent interpersonal / collaboration skills, and self-motivation are essential characteristics.
5. Good Communication with soft skills. Extensive analysis and problem solving skills also.
6. Good English writing and speaking skills.
7. Bachelor degree in automation, electrical engineering or equivalent
8. Typically 2-5 years related experience in contracts and proposal.