POSITION SUMMARY The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- Leading the Engineering activities on capital projects (Sale of Gas/Sale of Equipment).
- Planning and directing all engineers and designers working on the project to ensure completion of the project as efficiently as possible.
- Evaluating and approving changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
- Monitors progress and performance against the project schedule.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Provides strategic direction when developing project budgets.
- Capable of resolving and escalated issues arising from operations and resource constraints.
- Managing subordinate Project Engineers on large or complex projects.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Development of the overall project Engineering and Design Execution Strategy;
- Development of project specific instructions and procedures (if required);
- Consolidate department engineering budgets and manage them during the project;
- Directing internal engineering and design resources to produce engineering deliverables on schedule and within budget;
- Takes the necessary technical decisions to resolve conflicts between disciplines;
- Ensures effective technical coordination with Clients or third-party representatives:
- Co-ordinates the review of Client’s specifications and procedures, preparation of deviation lists, and manages Client review of AP deliverables & vendor drawings;
- Manages third parties for outsourced engineering & design;
- Ensures all changes are managed in accordance with the project procedures;
- Ensures that lessons learned for engineering are clearly identified, recorded and communicated;
Project Engineering Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering;
- Min. 10 years relevant professional experience;
- Strong track record in the management of detailed engineering activities of process plants;
- Experience on Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC), Industrial Gases or Petrochemical projects;
- Strong organizational, communication and facilitation skills;
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve project targets and goals;
- Good commercial awareness with ability to manage change.
- Experience in process plant construction would be advantageous but should have spent considerable time at construction sites.
- Introduces the engineering team to RFQ/contract/project requirements;
- Writes or provides input to the engineering part of project execution strategies, including the proposal as well as execution phases.
- Defines the project engineering and design organization, staffing and roles within engineering discipline departments on large projects with where engineering is executed across regional centers;
- Ensures the work split of execution of engineering and design activities across all executing locations (i.e. Hersham, Allentown, Pune, China) is defined;
- Defines the Execution Strategy/Scope of Work for outsourced engineering and manages the interface;
- Leads the technical part of the Contract review;
- Supports development of manpower histograms for projects;
- Participates and supports project planning by providing engineering milestones and requirements.
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs.
- Participates in risk management for the engineering concerns;
- Coordinates all engineering functions across different locations by acting as the focal point for discipline leads.
- Ensures the engineering team properly interface with other project members;
- Leads and attends the design and safety reviews and manages the follow up of the outcomes;
- Manages the project engineering team to issue the engineering deliverables on schedule
- Manages the interface with Customers for review of Air Products vendor drawings and engineering and design documentation;
- Capable of resolving issues arising from Operations and requiring coordination with other departments;
- Initiates Value engineering and best practice;
- Supervises the initiation and maintenance of project files;
- Contributes to Project reporting for the engineering part;
- Acts as the as the focal point for the Construction Manager and the Site team on all engineering issues;
- Develops and maintains the project equipment list and other key engineering documents as applicable to the project;
- Evaluates and approves changes up to their authorized limit that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
- Participates in contract management by initiating, collecting and consolidating the variation requests and change orders;
- Alerts project management in case of variations (scope/cost/schedule/quality) and suggests if needed mitigation measures;
- Ensures that the engineering final documentation is properly prepared and filed
- Escalates resourcing issues to the Regional/Global Head of Engineering.
空气产品公司（Air Products, 纽约证券交易所代码：APD）是一家世界领先的工业气体公司，拥有超过75年的历史。工业气体是公司的核心业务，提供空分和工艺气体、以及相关的设备，主要为炼油石化、金属、电子和食品饮料等制造产业服务。空气产品公司同时也是一家全球领先的液化天然气工艺技术和设备供应商。
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company’s core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world’s leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment.
The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities, and the world.