Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
- Assist the Senior Construction Manager in managing the construction quality/schedule/cost and related works at the GF-3 construction site for all contractors’ works.
- Allocate and monitor all contractor’s quality staffs/discipline engineer to specific area or particular work package. Oversee the work of contractor’s field work, and provide guidance and support to them.
- Enforce the compliance of the quality check at field to design and material specification, sample and mockup, review submittals of material etc. Develop the quality inspection plan and schedule for his/her responsible area.
- Lead the field quality inspection in his/her responsible area and issue NCR with following up of the corrective action for each finding.
- Develop and maintain a site material submission and delivery plan and inspection plan/log.
- Coordinate with civil supervisors on the inspection of excavation, trenching, scaffolding and other civil work equipment. This inspection will be conducted on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with the mechanical supervisors on the inspection of cranes, elevators, vehicles, and other heavy equipment on site. This inspection will be conducted on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with the electrical supervisors on the inspection of electrical equipment and devices. This inspection will be conducted on a weekly basis.
- Prepare reports for all quality inspections; provide copies of the reports to the Senior Construction Manager and the record keeper.
- Participate in the milestone quality check with local quality bureau regularly to local practice.
- Other tasks that will be assigned by the hiring manager.
Qualifications and education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science with related industrial construction project experience. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Construction Management and/or evidence of exceptional experience is desired.
- At least 10 years of experience designing or constructing industrial buildings (or combination of both) in the construction industry. Auto and EV car facility is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of current International Code Council and ability to understand, interpret and discuss field related standards (e.g. GB, NFPA, ASME, IEEE, UL, ASHRAE)
- Ability to read, interpret and verify field installation quality based on the method statement of the submission:
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Equipment Datasheets
- Installation methods and details
- Develop Bidding document Construction Specification and SOW
- High Proficiency in Microsoft products along with ability to learn to work within multiple databases
- Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and communicate with the contracting community to install construction process controls, find solutions with the construction team to complete current objectives and develop ways to provide construction efficiencies in future scopes.
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to instruct front line contractor supervisors in the details of the work they perform (by enforcement) to improve quality performance
- Ability to consistently act with integrity and credibility.
- English and discipline knowledge will be a plus.