You will get research mentorship from internationally established scholars in the field of financial accounting and managerial accounting. We hope that you are curious to learn and you are intrinsically motivated to learn, to acquire, and to share knowledge. You will be exposed to new technology in analyzing multi-source, unstructured data including financial information and narrative description in various sources of corporate disclosure (e.g., company filings, news releases, and conference calls). If you have strong background in coding and textual analysis and strong interest in digital transformation and data-driven management, especially if you are interested in conducting academic research in these areas, this job will be fun and exciting for you.
Job responsibilities mainly include but not limited to the following:
1. Assist in research, including literature review, collecting/coding/analyzing data, coordination of research projects, case writing, etc.
2. Assist in teaching, including course development and design, material preparation (case writing), grading, EMBA class coordination and other logistic coordination.
3. General administrative tasks, including reimbursements, correspondence, etc.
1. Master student with research experience in programming, econometrics, and statistics.
2. Familiar with quantitative research methodology, including data collection, cleaning and analysis. With coding experiences in using quantitative analysis software such as SAS and STATA. Strong ability and experiences in textual analysis (e.g., using Perl or Python) is preferred.
3. Strong Ethics, Analytical capability and intellectual curiosity.
5. Excellent English and Chinese reading, speaking, and writing ability.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
7. Able to commit for at least 1 year.