Field sales executive focused on customers to achieve revenue and margin goals in assigned accounts. Identifies customer needs and applies company's value proposition to drive sales growth and improved profitability. Develops strategic relationships and aligns customer and business goals, creating and managing a business and execution plan for shared success among the customer, vendor partners and the company.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the customer interface to the company's resources that drives and supports high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, as measured in surveys and share of wallet.
- Develops strong, strategic relationships with customer(s) to identify and leverage the customers' business goals, growth strategies and profit drivers to deliver the appropriate business value proposition sales solution strategy.
- Provides leadership and guidance in critical customer planning and engagement.
- Performs critical customer analysis to identify and leverage the partner's marketing programs to achieve growth in their customer's solutions capability.
- Engages customer(s) in joint planning that integrates the company's services, programs and supplier partnerships securing customer commitment for the development of a comprehensive investment in strategies that advance the company's market position, entanglement and financial goals
- Conducts regular business reviews with assigned accounts to track progress toward revenue and growth goals and owns execution of business plan.
- Maintains and monitors pipeline and metrics for assigned customers, performs analysis and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Supports supplier's strategies by aligning solutions with customer to maximize profitable growth, and customer expansion.
- Prioritize customers and opportunities with greatest potential for success.
- Closely manages profitability by minimizing profit leaks and maximizing gross profit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts. Understands emerging market trends and interdependencies impacting customers; leverages understanding to expand relationships with own customers. May be recognized as an expert in one area.
- Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process). Requires developed sales expertise across a defined portfolio of products./services/accounts; applies expertise in a complex sales environment.
- Works independently or may lead teams to identify, pursue or manage accounts/opportunities with large size/strategic importance/risk of loss. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may serve as team lead and help develop colleagues' and customers' understanding. Has autonomy to set and negotiate product/service terms; plans own territory or account approach.
- Collaborates with team and leadership. Has direct contact with clients and decision makers; participates in team sales for major accounts.
- Leads the negotiations on medium-sized, complex accounts; plans own territory or account approach. Works within broad guidelines and policies to develop business with new and existing customers
- Minimum experience required is typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent. It's possible for a career salesperson to plateau for many years at this level.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.