The Operation Cost Controller is responsible for managing all operational, transport & logistic costs placed under his/her responsibility. He/she must be able to work under deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
A. Secure Carrier Expense
- Ensure that Cost Control procedures are duly respected by Agency network;
- Check and approve all Vessel, Terminal, Transport and Logistics costs (including M&R costs) and feeder cost;
- Make necessary adjustments and ensure recoveries;
- Assist the Regional Logistic Manager in order to define and follow-up logistic budget (on a monthly and yearly basis);
- Ensure the collect of logistics revenues and recoveries, and their credit to the Head Office;
- Adjustments, reductions, report of logistics expenses with right codification;
B. System update and maintenance
- Create or update Cost Control Matrix whenever new tariffs become effective;
- Update standard stevedoring rates sheet in BCC;
- Follow up of Stevedores productivity and activate penalty clause whenever necessary;
C. Operation Margin Optimization
- Elaborate cost analysis, statistics and KPI;
- Proceed to cost reductions and optimisations;
- Assist the Purchasing Department in various contract negotiations such as Pilot, towage, Terminal, depot, M&R etc and evaluation;
- Send monthly reports to ARO as required by CMA CGM procedures
D. On site Mission
- Perform overseas occasional on Site Missions in CMA CGM Agencies.
- Mission report and follow up.
- Follow up project/studies assigned by manager if needed.
- University graduate;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the shipping industry with at least 1 year experience in operation or finance is preferably;
- Skillful in using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word…);
- Good command of English both written and spoken;
- Initiative, responsive and proactive, competent to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Able to work autonomously and define work priorities;
- Good analysis spirit;
- Good interpersonal skills, communicate with customers & colleagues fluently.