Job Description – CMF Engineering Trainee
Location: Suzhou, Jiangsu, China.
Hours of Work: Full time.
Are you a confident, ambitious individual looking for inspiration and opportunity to start your career in the consumer product industries?
Do you want to work in a global, inspiring, open, corporate environment with partner sites where you will receive training from hands-on experts, find out your passion and push the boundary to your limit?
If you answered yes, then this role is for you!
We offer a 2-years training program, this program offers you the opportunity to get to know the various departments, work in multi teams, and develop detailed specialist knowledge, and a wide network. You will primarily work closely with – and be mentored by – our experienced Engineer and staff on the wide portfolio of projects.
Eventually, this program will provide an opportunity to understand your interests/strengths, and give you a chance to choose the area you would like to work in the CMF department.
Engineering design, develop, specify and qualify components, modules, products, process and suppliers with project team and external partners, to meet project goal on cost, function, quality and schedule;
1. Working in a global x-functional team with designers,quality engineers, procurement team, operation team and our manufacturing partners and vendors to deliver inspiring sensorial experiences to our customers.
2. As owner of CMF designed parts, ensure stable product quality@ MP:
a. By means of CMF design reviews, sampling, pilot builds, qualification tests, user tests, second source sample submission etc.,
b. Partnering with marketing and designers on CMF design, translate ID/CMF design into engineering design and specification to achieve seamless product design and development,
c. Partnering with manufacturing teams to ensure robust CMF manufacturing processes, design for mass production and continuous improvement.
3. Manage / work with key component suppliers, manufacturing partners to deliver product CMF on time, cost, quality and quantity.
4. Able to manage technology projects. Manage own time and that of others; develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long-term; supports strategic planning activities.
5. Independently resolve complex CMF issues, challenges, and accomplish CMF objectives independently within a project team. Acts as a source of technical expertise to others in CMF technical area. Explains difficult concepts to a variety of audiences and ensures meaning is understood.
Bachelor’s degree level is a minimum requirement, and Master’s degree or PhD is a plus;
Major in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Processing Engineering, Physics, Metallurgy, Biochemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics;
Python is a plus;
Understand the data research, collection and analysis skills.;
Verbal and written communication skills including writing technical reports;
Ability to apply logical, practical, common sense thinking to problems;
Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues, peers and external clients; and ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve problems;
Highly motivated, and the candidate should reflect our values and commitment to quality and are expected to be self-disciplined.