- Performs accounting functions such as budget analysis, financial accounting, or cost accounting and possesses an understanding of general accounting methods, principles and a basic understanding of the business.
- Supports accounting activities associated with maintaining control of accounts, records and for the development of reports in the following areas: disbursements, expenses, tax payment, income, financial accounting, and/or cost accounting.
- Assists in monthly analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, analyzes financial information, prepares reports and verifies accuracy.
- Compiles data pertaining to spending for existing contracts. Performs daily and monthly financial and accounting transactions with the general ledger system.
- Assists with investigation into daily accounting issues where procedures may not be well defined. Aids automation and streamlining of internal and business reporting processes.
- Performs various basic general accounting duties including development of simple reports and analysis of specific accounts as required.