Strategy & Planning
1. Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
2. Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
1. Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
2. Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
3. Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
4. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
1. Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
2. Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
3. Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
4. Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
5. Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
6. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
7. Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
8. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
9. Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
10. Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.