Associate Consultants are elemental to the project team. They are the muscles for gathering data through interviews, analysis, collating data and updating clients. Their practical role makes them essential for building the project and giving clients first-hand insights.
Responsibilities and Outcomes (What do I achieve?):
· Strategic Insight:
Produces relevant and purposeful data which achieves the stated goals of the project objectives; delivers high quality interviews with relevant industry stakeholders through establishing good rapport and networks.
· Delivering Results:
Creates accurate deliverables in a time efficient manner to fulfil the project objectives with the aim of exceeding clients’ expectations.
· Leading and Managing:
Ensures interns, outsourcers and research assistants (RAs) perform well and delivers on key project objectives.
· Building Client Relations:
Develops excellent client support and relationships with different client touch points to build added business. Serves as a conduit for all communication with clients and the project team.
· Knowledge and Market Capability:
Trusted to hold robust discussions with managers and team about different domains of business and industries.
· Displays all the essential competencies for an Associate Consultant (see below).
· 0 - 2 years of working experience.
· Bachelor and above degree from renowned universities.
· Fluency in both spoken and written English is mandatory.
Associate Consultant Competencies：
· Develops knowledge of relevant tools and techniques for describing and understanding strategic problems.
· Thinks laterally about personal work and considers different approaches to solving problems.
· Participates actively in brainstorming sessions, honing the necessary skills to be creative and options oriented.
· Proactively sources for primary information that is not readily available on the internet, e.g. initiates talking to relevant experts and customers.
· Crafts effective questions to get interviewees to share their thoughts, feelings, and ideas openly and honestly.
· Thinks critically and sceptically, does not take information at face value.
· Uses quant methods and relevant mathematical formulas/models to draw meaning from data.
· Is flexible in thinking and open to seeing a problem from different perspectives.
· Maintains a wide perspective of viewpoints and issues, without being caught up with detailed work.?
· Understands and works with all interested parties to accomplish objectives.
· Uses a variety of sources and data to gather and understand clients' requirements.
.Demonstrates use of active listening and open questioning techniques to understand issues and problems.
. Always clarifies and checks for understanding.
Communication & Presentation:?
.Speaks confidently, clearly and succinctly by going straight to the point, without having too much or too little content.?
. Writes concisely and well with clear sentence structure and well structured prose.
. Communicates in a friendly and engaging way to always enhance the relationship.
. Incorporates and develops meaningful graphs, infographics and illustrations to clearly present data.
.Seeks a group's input and values their contributions.
. Manages own delivery under the guidance of more experienced colleagues.
. Meets all deadlines.
. Works in one or more stages of project delivery.?
.Plans and manages own time ensuring deliverables are completed to required timescales and budget.
.Complies with the quality management processes and standards of both IBC and clients.
. Takes a methodical and consistent approach to completing work with accuracy.
Pro-actively identifies and communicates issues that may impact the progress of own work.
. Displays an openness to the ideas of and values what team members, clients or other stakeholders bring, regardless of status or position.
. Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties, is optimistic and tenacious.
.Implements routine decisions independently and in a timely manner.
. Gives meaningful and impactful tasks for analysts and interns.
. Demonstrates a passion for self development and creates an example of continuous learning.?
. Appreciates teamwork, collaborates and blends with colleagues as a team.
. Works with the team at the start of a project to brainstorm and understand how to be successful in the project for both IBC and clients.
. Understands what is expected and seeks clarity regarding any uncertainty.
. Takes full responsibility for own work and work processes.
. Demonstrates a desire to improve through seeking feedback from others.
. Makes clients feel comfortable and respected.
Transformational Client Relations:
. Is able to place self in clients’ situation and perspective.
. Is open and curious about how IBC may be able to further help and assist clients.
Takes every feedback, even negative ones, from clients and manages them constructively.
Develop Market Knowledge:
Reads widely to develop a broad understanding of the areas IBC operates.