Integrated Middle Office Specialist
Job / Role Description :
The Integrated Middle Office (IMO) Specialist is responsible for the performance of front to back (F2B) controls. This includes validating transaction and market data integrity, trade life cycle events management, data attribute controls and performing end of day risk and net revenue controls to produce a validated risk based P&L and gross trial balance.
The IMO Specialist will work with sales / trading desks, as well as partnering with Group Finance, Group Risk, Group Technology and Operations. The role will require performance and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of front to back controls ensuring our operational risk is identified and addressed in the most effective manner, in particular ensuring controls are implemented at source and ideally as early as possible in the Front to Back trade flow.
- This is an analyst role covering the Vanilla & Structured FX, Rates & Credit (FRC) Middle Office; specifically in the trade controls and lifecycle controls services. Individual will be responsible for the delivery of the 2 services and for relationships with vendors and partners. Hybrid role consisting of 80% Trade support and 20% change delivery.
- Develop and maintain very strong knowledge of the MO processes and systems
- Excellent problem solving skills & analytical skills and the ability to present ideas/solutions clearly and concisely.
- Interactions with Regional MO teams, Management as well as Trading/sales/COO at moderate level
- Potential to also covers Rates, Credit and FX/Bonds for the APAC FRC business
Key responsibilities include:
- Validate completeness and accuracy of the trade population and market data
- Manage lifecycle events by notifying, actioning and validating accuracy and completeness
- Manage and escalate the operational risk of controls run by the onshore and offshore teams
- Participate in front to back operating committees, production calls and offshoring forums to ensure that dependencies to processes are understood, performance is assessed, and key risk areas are managed in accordance with risk appetite
- Partner with the business to manage and facilitate new business initiatives
- Participate in strategic change initiatives by acting as subject matter expert
- Take an active role in transformation initiatives
Minimum or Basic Requirements:
- Solid interpersonal and client-relationship skills; good communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated and able to influence/motivate team members and stakeholders.
- Good understanding of risk & control environments with keen eye for details and risk.
- Passionate in driving and delivering change initiatives and strategy implementations.
Additional / Preferred Requirements:
- Good Business Analyst skills and ability to understand and document business requirements
- Able to manage a number of projects across locations
- The ability to build networks globally and regionally to assist in the timely resolution of issues across functions, time zones as well as locally.
- Excellent people and team building skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with managers, peers and staff
- Familiar with downstream Operations processes and good knowledge of life cycle event management
- Evaluate and challenge both the requirements and solution to ensure the bank resources are used in the most efficient manner
- True team player with strong influencing skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world. We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.