Drives the design chain value proposition by generating the greatest number of design wins in technologies and registrations for customers engaged in product design resulting in growing business. Interface with the engineering departments of customers and suppliers. Performs a variety of product, technical and engineering functions including but not limited to: pre/post sales support, research, design and development.
- Proactively develops and implements the technical sales account penetration strategy in each market presenting new products and technologies to current and potential customers; develop knowledge to uncover, understand, compare, and contrast the solutions (pre-component selection). Provide valuable participation in supplier/customer design review.
- Good understanding of customer needs relative to product(s), technology, direction, competition, design process and design cycle.
- Identify and develop relationships with all key technical decision makers and influencers in each account.
- Discover design requirements from the system level down to each individual element collaborating with the design, production and/or engineering departments to develop/execute technical strategies that help solve customer design challenges.
- Market supported lines to sales team by driving adoption of advocated solutions, with supplier partners, that meet customer needs and lead to increased design activity, design wins and sales growth.
- Proactively provides general application and product level sales training, proactively align with sales team in securing business. Communicate account calls with suppliers, account managers and/or inside sales.
- Identifies and tracks largest design opportunities from concept to production, utilizing all supplier resources to assure greatest potential for success.
- Creates presentations and other sales tools to enhance technical value and become a "trusted advisor" to both internal and external customers.
- Manages the product from beginning to end which involves communication and in-depth consultation with customers, sales and vendors.
- Research major industry players to be able to communicate to internal and external customers industry trends and directions.
- A thorough understanding of product lifecycles and the ability to design a full solution based on the customers expectation of product performance, lifecycles and total costs.
- Attend internal and external technical training to complete and maintain certification as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Developing expertise of business, financials, products/services, the market, or account needs. Expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; broadens sales capabilities. Further develops an understanding of the range of products/ services that the organization and its competitors sell and that assigned customers purchase.
- Works with moderately complex territory/ assigned accounts, products/services, sales or account management processes. May refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance; determines best course of action to achieve results. Solves sales problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using sales experience, judgment and precedent.
- Works independently within an assigned territory/account base with moderate sized accounts/opportunities. Has flexibility to set and negotiate terms within defined parameters; is beginning to plan own territory or account approach.
- Collaborates with internal team, managers and support functions. Has direct contact with clients.
- Impacts own sales quota and that of others; works within a defined territory or account list and to guidelines and policies.
- Minimum experience required is typically 3+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.